SAPS recruitment process 2024: The South African Police Service (SAPS) is seeking patriotic persons who are eager to safeguard and proud to serve their nation by pursuing a career as entry Police Trainees for enrollment in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP).
The South African Police Service (SAPS) has specific requirements for individuals interested in joining the force.
According to the SAPS recruitment website, applicants must be South African citizens, have a matric certificate, and be between the ages of 18 and 35.
Additionally, candidates must have a clear criminal record and meet certain physical and intellectual standards. These requirements ensure that only qualified individuals are considered for SAPS recruitment.
The application process for SAPS recruitment involves completing an application form and submitting it to the nearest SAPS recruitment office or online through the SAPS website.
It is important to note that the application forms for the 2023 intake have not yet been made available. However, applicants can prepare for the process by ensuring that they meet the necessary requirements and have all the required documentation.
This includes a certified copy of their ID, matric certificate, and proof of residence.
General Requirements for SAPS Recruitment 2024
|Have permanent residence in the Republic of South Africa of which documentary proof must be
|Be in possession of a grade 12 school certificate or equivalent qualification of which documentary proof
must be furnished;
|A valid driving license for at least a light motor vehicle will serve as an advantage;|
|Be proficient in at least English and one other official language;|
|Be at least eighteen (18) and under thirty-five (35) years of age of which documentary proof must be
|Have no previous criminal convictions and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and background
Enquiries to be made
|Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible when wearing any uniform of the Service;|
|Be prepared to take the oath of office;|
|Submit himself or herself to a physical medical examination as determined by the National Commissioner; and must be found to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the post for which he or she applies;|
|Undergo and pass a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be
found to comply with the profile of a police official;
|Be prepared to successfully undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner;|
|Be prepared to serve anywhere in the Republic of South Africa.|
The selection process for SAPS recruitment involves several stages, including fitness, psychometric, and integrity testing, as well as a medical evaluation.
Successful applicants will then undergo eight months of basic training at a designated SAPS Academy, followed by a probation phase. During the training period, candidates will be taught the necessary skills and knowledge to become effective police officers.
SAPS Selection Process 2024
- During the recruitment, selection, and enlistment processes, all applicants will be subjected to fitness, psychometric, and integrity testing, as well as medical evaluation, and will be interviewed. The SAPS will also verify each applicant’s qualifications, driver’s license, citizenship, and residential address.
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process that will include security screening, reference checking, and fingerprint verification to determine whether any illicit activity has been recorded or is pending against them.
- Applicants who previously worked for the government and were fired due to misbehavior will not be considered for employment to the South African Police Service (SAPS).
- Due to the physical demands of the Basic Police Development Learning Programme, applicants with chronic diseases, physical impairments, or any other health condition that may cause the training program to be interrupted may be rejected from participation. If applicants fail to report any health issue, they may be removed from the program if it is discovered.
How to Apply for the South African Police Service (SAPS) Recruitment 2024
Interested applicants should fill out the official application form, which can be obtained for free from any Police Station / SAPS Recruitment office or downloaded from the SAPS website (https://www.saps.gov.za). The previously accepted Z83 will no longer be accepted.
All instructions on the application form must be followed; failing to do so may result in the application being rejected. Applications must be hand delivered during office hours to the local police stations.
The webpage will include contact information for the relevant provinces. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted or considered.
Applicants must undergo and pass a medical examination (Body Mass Index of than 30 / Waist circumference 102 cm (males) and 88 cm (females)) and attach uncertified copies of the following documents to their application form.
- Identity Document;
- Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Tertiary Qualifications;
- Academic Record;
- Driver’s license (where applicable);
- Testimonial (School / Church / Traditional Leaders)
Service Certificates of previous employers (if applicable)
If an applicant is short-listed, they can expect to go through a personal interview.
Overall, the SAPS recruitment process is rigorous and requires candidates to meet specific requirements and undergo extensive training to become fully qualified police officers.
- We do not recruit, assist, or advertise any job positions, and we have no association or contact with the agency or website referenced in this post.
- This article is strictly for informational reasons.
- Be wary of bogus phone calls and employment offers. Pay no one who promises to be able to help you get this job.