The Chevening Scholarship is intended for international students who plan to begin a one-year master’s degree at an institution in the United Kingdom. It is a fully-funded program that covers tuition, travel, and lodging in the United Kingdom.
- Receiving an unconditional admission offer from a UK university is required.
- Applicants must be citizens of a Chevening-qualified country or region, such as India or China.
- The Chevening UK scholarship has a set deadline for applications:
- Applications will be accepted beginning in August.
- The deadline for submissions is November.
- From early to mid-February, applicants are shortlisted for interviews.
- Scholarship interviews are held during the months of March and May.
- Decisions are made public in mid-June.
- Chevening scholarship application forms vary by nation.
The Chevening Scholarship application procedure will commence in August 2023 for the academic year 2024-2025. Applications for 2023 are currently closed.
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based, Need-Based|
|Offered by||Government bodies|
|Organization||United Kingdom Government|
|Application Deadline||Nov 01,2023|
|No. of Scholarships||N/A|
|Renewability||One Time Payment|
|International Students Eligible||Yes|
|Scholarship Website Link||https://www.chevening.org/scholarships/application-timeline/|
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarship
To be eligible for a Chevening UK Scholarship, applicants must meet all the following requirements:
- Chevening-eligible country or territory national.
- Completion of the UG program is required in order to apply for the PG program at a UK university.
- A minimum of upper second-class 2:1 honors or equivalent is required.
- Unconditional admission offer from one of the UK’s universities.
- Return to your home country for at least two years after receiving the prize.
- Work experience of at least two years is required.
- Completion of the Chevening English language requirement.
- Other entrance exams for studying in the United Kingdom.
Chevening Fellowship English Language Proficiency
Previously, the evidence of English language competency was the primary criterion for the Chevening Scholarship.
However, the committee has now abolished the English Language Requirement beginning in 2021.
The following tests and minimum score requirements are acceptable:
|Test Name||Minimum Overall Score||Minimum Sectional Score|
|TOEFL-iBT||79||Reading: 18; Listening & Writing: 17; Speaking: 20|
Applicants must have taken the exam in October 2023 or later. There is no limit to the number of tests that an individual may apply for. However, Chevening will not pay for the language test(s).
The following types of work experience are eligible for the Chevening Scholarship India:
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
According to the Chevening Scholarship guidelines, two years of work experience equates to 2800 hours of work.
All candidates must complete an online application form and submit it by November 1, 2023, as indicated by Chevening.
Candidates should be aware that the application form is country-specific. Chevening Scholarship India applications, for example, differ from Chevening Scholarship Australia applications.
The steps for applying for the Chevening Scholarship are as follows:
- Apply to a UK university for the appropriate master’s program.
- Applications can be submitted to any of the three UK universities covered by the Chevening Program.
- In August, apply for a Chevening UK Scholarship using the OAS (Online Application System).
- Complete all the questions (100-500 words).
- Please submit the necessary student supporting documents in JPG/PNG/PDF format.
- The document’s size should not exceed 5 MB.
Chevening is a fully-funded scholarship program that fulfills practically all the student’s requirements. The program enables the student to entirely focus on accomplishing academic goals while also having a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Chevening UK Scholarship is one of the largest scholarship programs for international students wanting to study in the United Kingdom.
|Applicable for||All master-level programs in UK universities|
|Eligible candidates||International students belonging to Chevening countries|
|Reward||Fully funded (Allowance, living expenses, tuition fee, etc.)|
|Award Duration||One Year|
The Chevening Scholarship is awarded to strengthen transatlantic relationships, advance professions, shift and enrich perspectives, transform communities, and bring ideas to life via study in the United Kingdom.
Along with this scholarship, the Association offers a number of other fellowships for study in the UK, which are principally financed by the UK government via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).
- We do not recruit, assist, or advertise any job positions, and we have no association or contact with the agency or website referenced in this post.
- This article is strictly for informational reasons.
- Be wary of bogus phone calls and employment offers. Pay no one who promises to be able to help you get this job.